Sunday, December 12, 2010

Heelllloooo ooout theeree!!

I am horrible at staying in touch with people, family included, and I will be the first to admit this. In an attempt to remedy this, the following blog will be copied (with some exceptions...like this) and mailed to the appropriate destinations. By the way, I'm also trying to over ride irritation and mild anger as I write this, so I apologize if this post seems a bit scattered at times.



*Small update: It is now the next day, and the last line above is no longer applicable.



" What a long, strange trip it's been." I don't think Jerry could have said it any better. Those words have never rung so true for me, as they do now. As busy as I've been, I am aware that the Solstice isn't even here yet, let alone the end of the year, but I felt it necessary to get this out in writing. (That, and I haven't written in this thing since... July.. I think.)

This year has been my year of years, in the best ways possible. (And I'm hoping, will continue to be.) I've done everything from conversing with hippies (some of my favorite people) and fourteen-toed huskies named Zorro, to cage dancing and getting splattered with "alien" and "human" blood while moshing pitting at an Opera house theater in SF, during a full moon. ("If I'm lyin', I'm cryin'!" )

I've gotten out of a terrible relationship, had some weird ones, and am now in the middle of a wonderful one. :D (Thank You, Goddess.)

I have experienced, and continue to experience, more in this year than I have in my entire life, good and bad. (One moment in particular, I am far less than proud of.... I won't go into details here, so suffice it to say, lesson learned: Pace yourself!) I have met some of my favorite people (Brian Froud, T.A Barron), made new friends, and created new relationships (good ones) with old friends.

I am currently in the midst of getting everything together that I need for school, where I will be taking my first class in a program of record production and engineering. #23 on original list.

I may not have a car, or a license, or even my own apartment yet, but there are at least two things I've discovered: 1. Everything on The List, yet to be achieved, updated list included, is ten times easier to achieve, and 2. "I'd rather die on my feet, than live on knees." But all in all.. I'd rather live. And I rather enjoy doing so...



"To live, would be a mighty great adventure..."

-Peter Pan, J.M. Barrie

No comments:

Post a Comment